Angry Birds is a popular video game where players shoot birds in order to destroy pigs protected by complicated structures. The task of this competition is to develop an intelligent Angry Birds playing agent that is able to successfully play the game autonomously and without human intervention. The long term goal is to build AI agents that can play new levels better than the best human players. In order to successfully solve this challenge, participants can benefit from combining different areas of AI such as computer vision, knowledge representation and reasoning, planning, heuristic search, and machine learning. Successfully integrating methods from these areas is one of the great challenges of AI.
The organizers have provided a basic game playing software and a sample agent. Participants are free to adapt this software. The software can be downloaded at http://www.aibirds.org. On this website, we also offer a discussion forum for participants, benchmarks and other relevant information.
The teams of the three best agents will receive a prize as well as a certificate.
- First prize: USD 1500
- Second prize: USD 1000
- Third prize: USD 500
All participants of the finals will also receive a certificate.
During the competition, there will be an opportunity to present original scientific work related to the problems of developing an Angry Birds playing agent. Please refer to theCall for Papers at http://www.aibirds.org.
On 9 August 2013, everyone is invited to compete against the best AI agents. The winner of this challenge, man or machine, will receive USD 500 and a certificate.
- Early registration: 30 June 2013
- Agent submissions (qualification round): 5 August 2013
- Final agent submission: 8 August 2013
- Competition: 6-7 August (qualification), 8 August (finals)
- Paper submissions: 30 June 2013
- Acceptance notification: 14 July 2013
- Camera ready deadline: 28 July 2013
- Jochen Renz, Australian National University
- Stephen Gould, Australian National University
- XiaoYu (Gary) Ge, Australian National University
All enquiries should be made by email to email@example.com.