The International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence [IJCAI] Organization, in collaboration with the AI Journal, is pleased to announce the continuation of its Travel Grants Program for students, junior scientists and scientists attending IJCAI-13 to be held in Beijing, China, during August 3-9, 2013. The IJCAI-13 Travel Grants Program is sponsored in full by the IJCAI Organization and its Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ) Division.
Due to limited availability of funds for the IJCAI Travel Grants Program, applicants, especially students, should first approach their department and/or local AI society for support before applying to IJCAI. Applicants should submit the IJCAI-13 Travel Grant Application Form (and accompanying documents) via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 10, 2013 midnight CEST.
Due to a significant increase in number of applications, the notification deadline has been moved to May 27, 2013.
Travel Grant Application Form is available here.
ONLY plain-text forms will be processed!
In addition to contact information, the application should include:
- status of the applicant (student, junior faculty, etc.) with evidence of existing interest and expertise in AI
- type of planned participation in the IJCAI-13 program (accepted technical session or workshop paper, etc.)
- an estimate of attendance costs
- the results of approaching the department/local AI Society for support
- whether any other sources of support are available to the applicant
- a case for support that includes reasons why IJCAI should make the grant to the applicant and
- a letter of support (for students only) from the applicant's advisor/head of department.
A post-conference report and receipts totaling the grant amount will be required after the conference in order to receive the grant. In the event that travel grant applications exceed available funds, preference will be given to students who have an accepted technical paper, and then to students who are actively participating in the conference in some way.
If electronic transfer of materials is not possible, please send hard copy to:
IJCAI Executive Secretary
Vienna University of Technology
Institute of Discrete Mathematics and Geometry E104
Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
- Please allow 24 hours for application receipt confirmation from the IJCAI. If you do not receive the receipt confirmation, please contact IJCAI Executive Secretary at: email@example.com.
- If you receive a grant, you will be required to confirm the acceptance. Failure to do so may result in a loss of the grant!